Selling a Property
What is involved when selling a property?
- Preparation of Contract for sale including obtaining all necessary searches and certificates required to be annexed to the Contract for Sale;
- Obtaining an ATO Clearance Certificate (if required);
- Providing your real estate with a copy of the contract for sale so they can commence the marketing of your property;
- Arranging for a discharge of your mortgage;
- Ensuring sale proceeds are paid to your nominated account in accordance with your instructions.
inc GST & disbursements
FAQs when selling a property
Do I need to appoint a Real Estate Agent?
There are many advantages to appointing a real estate agent when selling your property. Real Estate Agents will often have purchasers looking to buy and they can assist with the professional marketing and presentation of your property i.e. arrange for professional photographers, access to realestate.com.au, etc. They will also guide you as to best strategy for marketing of your property, i.e. private treaty or auction
Who prepares a Contract for Sale?
What documents are required in a Contract for Sale?
What documents do I need to include my property contains a pool/spa?
If you have a swimming pool/spa that is being sold with your property you will need to have the pool registered with the NSW Swimming Pool Register and obtain a Certificate of Registration to be attached to the Contract for Sale. You will also need to provide either a Certificate of Compliance or Certificate of Non-Compliance to the Contract for Sale. For more information click on the link below to the swimming pools register.
What about alterations or additions to the property that I have made?
What else do I need to disclose?
What happens when I get an offer?
When is a Contract dated?
When is the deposit paid?
Can I pull out of the Contract before the cooling off period expires?
How long is the cooling off period?
Do I need to get a Foreign Resident’s Capital Gains Withholding Clearance Certificate?
If your property sells for more than $750,000.00 you will need to obtain this Certificate from the Australian Taxation Office and provide it to the Purchaser prior to completion.
Click on the following link to for further information.